Is Dynex a good brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

undergrounddlz

Baseband Member
I have noticed that Best Buy sells a lot of different things made by Dynex. has anyone ever had any experiences with this brand?

Reason Im asking is because I bought the Dynex ATX Mid-Tower case from Best Buy, it includes a 500 Watt PSU. But im not useing it, instead im buying the 600 Watt PSU from BFG Tech. I also bought 2 dynex 80mm case fans for the front.

im hopeing something doesen't go wrong with the case, I don't think it will, seems to be made well, there was a hole in the box when I bought it, like someone had kicked it, but the case was perfectly unharmed when I opened the box. :)

has anyone ever bought a dynex brand? :D

Usually, unless the case literally folds in on itself, there isn't much that can go wrong with it. I have a cheapie 30$ case at the moment.

However, their PSU's are of cheap quality, so don't use them.

^ Ditto, use(d) a $30 case too, and not too shabby. There are certain aspects though, such as cooling system (only one fan on mine), and PSU placement (my wires hung all over the motherboard) that are taken care of in more expensive cases.

Definitely take out the case PSU and light it on fire (not literally). My PC wouldn't even start with the 450W PSU that came with mine.

Dynex...let's dissect the word. Say it slowly out loud.

DIE-NEXT.

I tried some of their batteries in my WiiMote when I got it. Yeah they died literally the next day they left the factory or something because they didn't work from the get go lol.

I just think it's a bad name for an Electronics whatever company. Hahahaha.

BoysNightOut said:

DIE-NEXT.

Post of the week. :p

BoysNightOut said:

DIE-NEXT.

I tried some of their batteries in my WiiMote when I got it. Yeah they died literally the next day they left the factory or something because they didn't work from the get go lol.

lmao :p

well like CrazeD was saying, theres not much that can go wrong with a case, and thats good. and it seems pretty heavy, meaning its made of good materials, or at least I think thats a good thing. and as TriEclipse said, the PSU's that come with cases are horrible! I really don't want to be useing it on my SLI 680i..

Ill be getting the BFG Tech 600 Watt PSU most likely.

thanks for the replys :D

i wouldnt get the bfg 600 watt its not really that good, expecally for the price

get an antec trio 650 watt for cheaper

Dynex is a Best Buy store brand, most of it's just cheap rebranded stuff from China. Smae with ESA and Nexxtech from Circuit City and GQ from Fry's (i think that's whose generic GQ is)

fade2black2004 said:
i wouldnt get the bfg 600 watt its not really that good, expecally for the price

get an antec trio 650 watt for cheaper

After reading a lot of your posts on these forums, I can tell you know what your talking about. So ill take your advise

its currently on sale at compusa, lucky timing :)

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=342053&pfp=jan14

thanks for all the info on Dynex, I was really curious if it was quality or not. Appearently not. But im just useing a Dynex case, and 2 Dynex case fans. I don't think that will send my build to ****. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom