DX10 in XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPL Tech

In Runtime
I was told there is a way to get DX10 with Windows XP. I know XP is not designed for it but apparently it can be done. Anyone know what needs to be downloaded to get DX10 in XP?

Umm its a work in progress, just type in alky project on google.

You can definitely get dx10 settings on Crysis and posted bout that somewhere if that helps.

I think theres no point in using Vista now... :p
its not all that bad i can run every game maxed cept crysis, and i never have any problems with vista. i actually find it alot easier to search and find files and general navigation is better than xp imo.

i also heard that sp3 would include dx10, and that alky project were working on it and said that it is definitely possible to have it in xp

I had a LOT of driver issues with 32 bit vista, when i upgraded to 64 bit vista most of them went away. I still have some issues but have worked a lot of them out. a friend of mine has vista to on a different build and has more problems. I think a lot of the problems with vista has to do with drivers, vista is more compatible with some hardware then others. both me and my friends systems are custom built, with the same processor, but everything else is different. i use a gigabye mobo, his is ASUS, Im an ATI fan and hes NVIDIA, stuff like that, but stat wise our computers are very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom