Dx 10 Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheEnd187 said:
whoops lol i meant to say 10000W

10,000 watts? Are you serious? That's 10kilowatts. That's a lot of power.

I seriously doubt we will be seeing 10kilowatt PSU's in the near future...

The next generation of videocards (after the G80 and R600) are supposedly going to use less power than current cards. But, we shall see...

Don't forget one very important thing. "Windows Vista". And without it... there will be no DX-10.

But, one good thing that I did read about the R600's is that ATI has said the new GPU/Cards are showing a dramatic increases in DX.9. I'm assuming the G80's will also, based on the benchmarks that were leaked last week from Victorwang over at XS.org. So at least if you are in the market for a new card and buy one, you'll get something for your money.

Also, consider DX-10 games will be few and far between right out of the gate. 2 titles that i've heard so far are "Crysis & MS Flight Sim X".

I am not going to spend 400$ on those. They should make models that are mid-range in price. (200$, anyone? That is at least somewhat affordable.) That is how videocards have always been, and it should NOT change now. Agree?

yes,, and there won't be anything over 1000watt psu's because that goes over the limit of the standard household plug, and then they'd have alot of legal issues then after that

Ya i dont plan on putting one of those Dx10 cards in my computer cause i just upgraded to my 7600GT.

$400-600+ range...for dx10 card, $399 for the good edition of Vista, figure about another $200 on a PSU, there goes $1000 dollars to get Crysis on high settings.

If you don't want to spend a bunch of cash you could just buy a new gpu now, play it in dx9 mode and save a bunch of cash.

if you got money to burn, go dx10.

lets hope the g80's aren't weak dx10 cards like the fx series were weak dx9 cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom