DVI vs VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok I was wondering how much better is Dvi then normal vga and is it worth getting into. I am going to get a viewsonic 5ms 19 inch lcd and was wondering if it was worth using dvi with it.

Did you bother searching TF before posting this? I know there was a thread about this only a few weeks ago. See if you can find that and it should answer your questions.

Since there are almost a 100 posts a week its pretty hard to find a post from a couple weeks ago, mind just answering question?

I looked and all someone said is just that it resized the screen better but they didnt do any testing in games and such.

Well currently I'm using two indentical monitors one on a DVI header and one on a VGA header and I really can't tell the difference between the two.
Thats all I know.

DVI is for LCD monitors while VGA is for CRTs. there is probably no real difference.

not quite. the difference is that DVI is a digital signal whereas VGA is an analogue signal. they both amount to roughly the same picture as VGA is basically the same signal as DVI except it is decoded on the card rather than in the monitor. DVI may give slightly better picture due to less signal loss as it is decoded in the monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom