DVD writer recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

In Runtime
Howdy. I'm looking for a new DVD writer, must be at least 16x speed and doesnt matter whether it supports dual layer. I wouldnt normally post about something like this, but lately ive been through two DVD writers (1 lite on, 1 sony) and its ****ed me off royally. Theyre supposed to last longer than 6 months before they pack in!!! Has anyone noticed that everything seems to be heading down this route nowdays, these ****ing manufacturers. I had an old nokia phone for 6 years before i got rid of it, but it still worked perfectly. Nowdays with these camera phones they never last me a year. These ****ers are seemingly built to break! Anyone had a DVD writer for a while now that hasnt screwed up on them, which they would like to pass on the name of. Greatly appreciated,

Plant

wehey for the second one. Customer review;

Cons: Does Not Stand The Test Of Time.Will Quit Working After A Year OR So.But For This Price You Can't Go Wrong.

Lol companies make things with defects so that they will break otherwise there sales would fall the whole market is propped up by everyone holding back technology and making easily breakable junk. Cars are a great example as you can use polymers(plastic) which wouldnt break nor corrode and yet be rigid enough to withstand a crash situation bt why would a company want to make the ultimate car which never breaks when they can sell you 4 cars in 10 years rather then 1.

Matt

I've always ran Plextor. Always had luck. I got a Samsung lightscribe not to long ago and that burns really well.

It's hard to tell someone what to get. Make sure it's a good brand name and has good reviews. I've asked "what to get" before and you get a plethora (like that?) of answers.

Brownie points for spelling "plethora" correctly.

Just go with any of them; Lite-On, NEC, Sony, Samsung, Plextor, they're all respected brands and you shouldn't have any problems with any of them.

My advise on your next burner no matter what brand, is to let it cool down between burns. Dont burn a lot of discs in a row or your laser will get overheated. I am on my 5th burner. First one cost me 500 like 4 years ago lol. Lg is a decent brand in my opinion. I got about 200 burns out of my last lg and about 100 out of my last sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom