Dvd sata or dvd ide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on circumstances.... I went with SATA DVD burner in my rig, because in the Shuttle Small Form Factor case, space is a premium, and SATA plugs are CONSIDERABLY smaller and easier to work with than IDE.

There really isn't much difference that I have noticed between them, aside from the fact that there are more IDE models available than SATA. The prices aren't even that much different. There are a few SATA drives available under $45.

The only real reason right now to opt for a SATA DVD-Drive is mainly for space and to eliminate using IDE. Other than that, you aren't going to see any performance gain due to the limitations of the DVD-Drive itself.

^^ yurppp totally true .. its your choice man .. i would go with sata tho bc ide is ging to the wayyyside....

if you mean how long will IDE be there I say for a while still, but I find the ribbon cables to totally ANNOYING and bulky so I use a small SATA cable to make things all better heh.

I would just choose the SATA becuase like someone said it's slowley pushing out and the cables are much smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom