Dusty GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like2game

Baseband Member
I am gaming on a 1 year old dell atm that has a 8800gtx in it. It's not my pc but the owner said i could open it and clean some dust out, the warranty ran out last month. It has been kept in a room where people smoked and lots of dust gathered. I have used compressed air before to clean cpu heatsink fans that were nearly clogged with sticky dust (smoke rez and dust together) and it worked absolutely perfect, brought a few old P3s and P4s back from being nearly dead.

I have never used compressed air on a gpu before though and don't know enough about video cards to do it without asking if it is safe. I am just kind of worried that maybe there are some very delicate connections i should watch for or ect. Also i was curious about how to turn the fan up on the 8800gtx, i read somewhere that they came from the factory running the fan at 30%. I would really love to crank it up because noise is no problem here at all.

Ok cool, going to do some dusting today than. It is not an evga card to my knowledge, i haven't opened up the pc yet but i can not see dell putting evga in their pcs. It is probably the cheapest model 8800gtx that has ever existed lol. I will give that RivaTuner a try. Thanx for the help :)

Ya its most likely not n evga in a dell lol. 8800GTX is still a very good card though. I have one and I can play most games at max settings, or close to it @ 1680x1050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom