Dunno what to do anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

In Runtime
So I recently spent 1600$ on a new build.

I originally ordered a 750i ftw motherboard, and a 8800gts MSI video card.

I sent the video card back because it was broken(I'm sure), and I couldn't make it halfway through 3DMark06 without getting video corruption or some kind of error.
I then got a new EVGA video card, 8800gts, and I ran 3DMark06, again, with problems and video corruption and errors.
So I sent back the 750i ftw motherboard for a refund, and ordered a p5e motherboard. Which I had gotten yesterday.
I then uninstalled 2GB of ram, reinstalled windows vista, ran updates, installed all drivers, reinstalled 2GB of ram.(Was told to do this by SurgeVel because when I ran 3DMark06 without reinstalling vista I was invited by a BlueScreenOD)
I can't run 3dMark06 through all the way without any errors or artifacting with some type of video corruption on it?
Is it another bad video card? This is an example followed by a flickering screen, even though mine looks different, this is just a example I'm using until I get the pictures of mine posted.

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/351/messedupcardcb1.png

I'll post pictures soon as possible.
I'm losing all hope here, nothing seems to work for me. : (

Still no luck? This really is frustrating. Those temps all look fine except the TMPIN0,1,2. Those seem a bit high at 100C, but I have no idea what those are monitoring.

It would be pretty unlikely to get 2 bad video cards in a row, but not impossible. This has been one unlucky adventure for you, hasn't it?

Still no luck? This really is frustrating. Those temps all look fine except the TMPIN0,1,2. Those seem a bit high at 100C, but I have no idea what those are monitoring.

It would be pretty unlikely to get 2 bad video cards in a row, but not impossible. This has been one unlucky adventure for you, hasn't it?

I was just about to reply to your post and got another BSoD, saying something about a driver.
No idea what to do now.
Contact newegg? Send ANOTHER video card back? I'm getting to the point were I'm going to send everything back and reorder everything.

Right down the error codes on those BSOD's. like where it says things in all caps like:

IRQL_LESS_THAN_EQUAL

and the stop codes:

i.e. STOP: 0000000000x0000007f (000000x000000)

Those codes will tell us what exactly is failing. Also write down if any files are mentioned as being a problem. It may say that an error occurred in "nlys.dll" or something like that.

Right down the error codes on those BSOD's. like where it says things in all caps like:

IRQL_LESS_THAN_EQUAL

and the stop codes:

i.e. STOP: 0000000000x0000007f (000000x000000)

Those codes will tell us what exactly is failing. Also write down if any files are mentioned as being a problem. It may say that an error occurred in "nlys.dll" or something like that.

Yeah, the first time I got the 000000x000007f error when running 3DMark06, I'm pretty sure.

And this time when replying to your post I got the DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_THAN_EQUAL BSoD. I think thats what it said.

Ok, whenever you get the BSOD again, give me all that info. The stop code, ALL CAPS MESSAGE, and any files indicated. I can then determine what is causing the problem. Make sure you have it exactly with the correct number of 0's and everything.

Ok, whenever you get the BSOD again, give me all that info. The stop code, ALL CAPS MESSAGE, and any files indicated. I can then determine what is causing the problem. Make sure you have it exactly with the correct number of 0's and everything.

Newegg offered for me to refund all the items with free return shipping, and when I reorder items with free shipping on all of them.

Should I go ahead and do that?

Hmmm. Hold out for maybe just one more day. Wait until you can give me those error codes. Because depending on the code, it could just be your RAM that is causing the error. One stick of RAM may be bad. Wait till you BSOD, tell me the codes, then I'll tell you what to try. If that doesn't work, THEN take NewEgg up on that very generous offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom