dumb question about drivers but........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
what is the point of drivers for GPU n CPU?

sry if it's dumb to ask, because i never know what it means exactly. I just downloaded the latest driver for my CPU n it's now OCed to 1.9GHz lol.

Drivers are pieces of software that the OS uses to control the hardware. Without drivers your computer doesn't know how to use the hardware on you computer and it either wouldn't work or it would not work near as well as it could.

apdrummer said:
Drivers are pieces of software that the OS uses to control the hardware. Without drivers your computer doesn't know how to use the hardware on you computer and it either wouldn't work or it would not work near as well as it could.

o......really? Interesting n makes sense. Thx for the info, we can let this thread die now :).

but where do you get drivers for all your hardware? and that would suck to always check back for the latest driver for each piece of hardware wouldnt it?

guitarplyrstevo said:
but where do you get drivers for all your hardware? and that would suck to always check back for the latest driver for each piece of hardware wouldnt it?

You can get drivers from your manufacturer's website or the chipset manufacturer (i.e. If you have a nvdia graphics card made by eVGA you can get drivers from either nvidia or eVGA). Yes you should check every so often for new drivers, but unless your software won't work with the hardware you have without a driver update there's no big rush to get the latest drivers (in my opinion, some people really like to check for updates often because sometimes new drivers offer small performance increases). The drivers you should think about often are your GPU and souncard drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom