Duel core > Regular processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daterxies

Beta member
Hey everyone,
My question is simple im sure. I currently have a intel p4 3.0 ghz processor. Would it be worth the money to upgrade to duel core (3.0ghz) processor? i play alot of games i ahve nice rig and i feel with some games i cant get full potential with the 3.0 ghz processor. like fear,i have fx6800 ultra oc but cant put graphics on high computer runs to slow then.. and i have 2 gigs of 533mhz (somthing round there) ram.

so yea, will i see a huge differance if i invest in a duel core and motherboard?

Thanks. :)

Upgrading your CPU won't do much. 6800 Ultra just can't handle FEAR on max/high settings. The GPU is the most important part of a computer in gaming and the CPU is not as dominaint.

Benchmarks in F.E.A.R show only a 1 FPS diffrent between all the dual core cpus on the market, so obviously a cpu will help, but you wont see a big diffrence, but you might a 7800GT...

Remember when it comes to gaming, the graphics card is the most important element in the computer.

if your going for performance go with a new gfx card but i would wait untill g-80 if you decide to upgarde

Dual core helps mostly in multitasking, spend money and get a better video card... RAM is also important so dont cheap out there either...

Jam3s-Zer0 said:
Make sure your next processor is AMD!

Now hold on, Intel has already shown with their dual core Duo mobile proccessors that they can beat AMD in gaming. You never know what Intel or AMD might have up thier sleave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom