Dude am i getting a Dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
definately get the 8800gts over 8600gt, I have 2 8600Gt's in SLi, and they aint cutting it, but i got them for cheap, so w/e
I'm pretty sure there is a website for calculating power and watts and stuff, but every smart person around here is gonna tell you that 12v rails are more important. (I'm not a smart person)

more than canadian $12.50s worth!

Well, I suppose it depends on how poor you are, but the more you spend now the longer till you upgrade. If you can afford it, go for it. You could just eat one fewer takeaway pizza!

Build it yourself if you're comfortable doing so. It will be cheaper and you'll feel better about your computer. Ether way, buy the 8800GTS over the 8600. It's a much better card.

100USD is 103CAD.. so the prices are pretty much the exact same. theres an 86$ difference on 2500$ (which would make a badass pc)

pricings are top of my head guesses.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 - 270-320$?
Geforce 8800GTS 320mb - 280-320$ ?
2Gb Crucial ballistix or G.Skill 800 DDR2 ram - 100$ ?
Asus p5k motherboard (cheap ones or spend more on the delux) 150-260$?
pick a Seagate 7200rpm HD, they're cheap. 100-300$?
Corsair 520 or 620w modular PSU. 150-250$ ?
They're cheap, and nothign but great reviews.

pick a case. Antec 900 is nice and cheap. Thermaltake Armor is huge and nice. Cooler master stacker is large and nice too. Or look for a cheaper one that suits your tastes.
thats probably around 1300$ (ballpark guess off the top of my head) and they're all good parts, beats the snot out of that dell. or any dell XD
just grab a samsung dvd burner and if you need a monitor everyoen usually reccomends the Samsung 226BW 22" widescreen flat lcd thats another 300$

I'm told ncix is super expensive, but they pricematch if you find a better price.

Thats just my 2 cents :) My parents have a dell, and they couldnt pay me to take it. XD

i will NOT be overclocking so thats a 100% no! Can anyone maybe make me a build for a non overclocking rig? I will love you longgggg time!!! This is where im planning on buying from, so if you could do it from this siteCBiT - Computer Components that would be unreal! Thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom