Dude am i getting a Dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337infamous

In Runtime
Hey everyone, im looking into getting a Dell pc, but i am wondering how Dell computers are? Are they built solidly or with weak components? Also, i was thinking of getting the Q6600 matched with a 8600 Gt and was wondering if this will be sufficient for the current/upcoming games like spore, CoD4, crysis and bioshock? I will be getting at least 3-4 gigs of ram, so that won't be an issue. Thanks guys!

dude, am i getting a Dell? I am looking at getting a basic PC. broadband internet, onboard video and audio are fine. I need a monitor, keyboard, speakers, printer, the works. I tried pricing some barebones and components on Newegg. I can beat Dell's price by a little but I loose that when I include Windows. Should I go Dell?

If you are looking solely to play games, 3-4GB is overkill, 2GB of RAM is enough. Equally, the 8600 will struggle with newer games. If you have gaming in mind, the money is better spend on 2GB of good RAM (say Crucial Ballistix PC2 6400) and an 8800 GTS 320MB.

As for dell, we have no problems with them at work, crunching numbers in Matlab, they are very good for this task, but if its your money for a gaming maching, I would recommend self-build.

I must say, that the majority of advice on this forum will be to self build, but I'm sure you'll find other advice elsewhere. At the end of the day, you will get a better machine for less money (yes! both at once!) if you self build. Overclocking is also much easier as you know the components and have picked them with that in mind. So for gaming: selfbuild is the way!

Agreed, dell has the best price by far and basically gives me the option to build it how i want it. I guess what im really looking for is some reviews/first hand experience with dells and if they use quality hardware or not?

Not the best price by far.

Only best price when looking for some cheap builds....

You want a gamming system with, what? 3-4 GB RAM, thats not cheap.

well the 8600gt can't play games that well.. cuz for that price of that Dell.. you can have an 8800gts 320mb... and that will DESTROY games

but if you want to buy a PC, look into CyberPower PC

dell.jpg

Can you find me a rig like this for cheaper? remember, Canadian prices!

Hmmm....

You have "1337" in your name but you're talking about buying a Dell?

Dell's are not 1337 for gaming dude!!!!

You'd be spending alot of a Dell with that hardware.

Order parts and you or someone you know should build it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom