dualboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
im pretty sure its a no, but is it possible to have linux and windows dualbooted but so as you dont haveto shut down say windows to get to linux, like a way for keeping both booted at the same time and switching from one to the other without having to shutdown and restart?

thanks, tp

There are now even setups seen with Linux that allow you to load Windows while the distro is running through a virtual machine there. This is seen with some of the latest distros. Someone who runs Linux full time could fill you in on some of the details on that.

for linux, do i have to install drivers like for windows? im guessing i do, but i cant find a linux version of the p35 ds3r drivers off the site.
thanks, tp

When running different distros here I never had any drivers for anything including the board while lately you can find them for video and sound cards. On the last build here I was running Mandriva and tried getting Solaris 10 going to no success there.

The boards here always see nForce chipsets since I frown on VIA and SIS and run AMD models. If the support site for the make and model board there doesn't have them? your guess is as good as mine.

yes! use virtual PC, works great. when you want to run linux, open it with virtual pc and maximize window, you are running linux.

agreed...

Download details: Virtual PC 2007

thats the download link... remember when you had to buy it? i feel sorry for the people who bought it and then found out if was free...

but anyways... this is the best method because you can run the "Virtual PC" while running Windows Vista, so after taking a break from your "DX10 Gaming Lifestyle"

just open Microsoft Virtual PC and start going!!!

That will also allow several VMs for multibooting various OSs. I've also run into some information on a Linux VM for loading Windows while you have a distro running.

I am having Gaming compatibility issues with Vista. If I run V PC will I be able to now run the XP games using this V PC?

I was wondering the same thing with Ubuntu. But would you have to partition the drive for Linux or will Virtual Machine do that for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom