Dual Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty111

Solid State Member
Hello. I'm about to build up a new pc for the first time. Had a small intrest tonight to go multi/dual screened!?!?!? I expect to be using a PCI-Epress based mother board. I've been looking at the ATi website and i really don't know what i'm looking for.

I use multimedia software quite alot, so performance is not a big issue. However I would like to have a fair graphics card so I can test my new pc with some lastest games, see whatthey can render up! Dual Screen for less intensive graphics is my first thing to sort.

Though this would be the best place for some real answers, alot of people have some great knowlegue whom are willing to pass it on.

Any advice on the best way to go about this would really shed some light. - Monitors i'm afaid would be VGA.

if your current videocard has both a VGA and a DVI outputs, you can do dual monitors today. if not, than you can go out and buy a ATi or Nvidia videocard thats PCI, PCI-Express, or AGP, as long as it has either 2 VGA, 2 DVI, or a VGA and a DVI output on it. You can use a DVI-to-VGA adapter and hook both of them to the videocard.

On my 6800GT, i have both DVI and a VGA outputs on it. i hook my primary monitor to the VGA connector, and my secondary to the DVi using the DVI-toVGA adapter that came with ym 6800. when i boot up my computer i had to install nvidia dualview, taht way, my 2nd monitor wouldn't just be a clone of ym primary one. when thats all said and done, i installed UltraMon so i could have my taskbar on both monitors and have panoramic wallpapers.

hope that helps!

Sorry about my late reply, thanks, thats what i needed to know. That should be very useful to me. Could i ask is it at all possible to use more than one card to produce two screens? Is a tri screen set up possible?

Do a search for the info, as it has paraded through TF many times.

The search button is up top, fourth from the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom