Dual Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
well thats very subjective, its like asking people whats better a cobra or mustang GT. if you have a budget go for AMDX2s, if you can spend as much as you need go with Intel Core2s.

you gotta be more specific bor,

which processor brand, what socket type, what are your intentions, what do you need and what do you not need....

lol....tell us what you plan to use it for. These things are one fit matches...there's no "best mobo" because a mobo only fits one cpu socket type.

I want two processors in my computer to run faster. So i need a motherboard to support two processors. I also want lots of slots, for everything. I want to have 4 gigs of ram and such... as powerful as i can get it. Does this help?

9/10 times that really won't be the best configuration. dual processors means you'll need to use server based hardware which isn't always great for desktop or gaming use. i can understand if you wish to use 2 dual core processors but it is pointless using 2 single cores. check out the Core 2 range. you would probably be satisfied with a Core 2 Duo

mmmm..basically what you needed to tell us was what kind of "performance/price" you were looking for. We can handle the details from there. The assumption that more more more = better is not always true. Gen rule of thumb though, 4 gigs makes XP run slower. It's like giving a kid tooo much room to wander, they'll just get lost. And two cpus can be like divorced parents. They just don't cooperate well.

If it's pure speed and multitasking you want, get the Core 2 Duo from Intel. It's the best out there, hands down. They can be overclocked to nearly 2 times that of the best AMD chips at the moment.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ory=1157&Description=core+2+duo+intel&Ntk=all

Don't expect cpu power to bring earth shattering frame rates in games though. If you into games, we can help you pick a video card that will utilize the faster processor. This also is affected by what monitor resolution you have. I'd say the 7900GTO is the PRIME gpu to buy right now. It's a 7900GTX for 1/2 the price and a slight performance hit.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130065

But don't be afraid to spend some time looking into this info. Knowledge is power! lol. But the system you talking about could easily surpass $1500....So you might want to make sure you're getting the performance you want. This computer stuff isn't easy though if you're new to it. Be sure to run everything by us before you buy. :cool:

ZeroShade said:
I'll look into it, thanks! I may end up just getting a fast single processor.

Single core processor = 1 chip, 1 processor

Dual core processor = 1 chip, 2 processors

Dual processor = 2 chips, 2 processors

Dual dual-core processors = 2 chips, 4 processors

omg.... their is no way that you are this rich zero, and i dont think that you should be even thinking of spending that much on the comptuer, if it takes this many people to explain something to you, how are u going to be able to even put a dual processor comp together?

DONT GET DUAL PROCESSORS!!

get dual core! :D

Better for gaming....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom