Dual Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I'm builing the ulimate computer with all the best parts. However, I would like some help with figuring out what the specs are for a mother board to handle a dual processor. What I'm getting at is how do i know if I can have a dual processor or not?

Dual processor systems are usually called servers. :) Just get a nice AMD X2 or Core 2 Duo. I don't know of a decent dual processor mobo either.

HA, dammit. Missunderstood your question then.

What do you mean by specs for the motherboard and if it can "handle" a dual core?

You can get any mobo that supports 939 and use a X2 on it. Or do you mean dual processors? I don't recommend it. Are you trying to run a server? If not, their's no reason.

So then what ur saying is that any motherboard can handle dual processing? It doesn't make sense to me?

ZERO - WHAT FREAAAKIN CPU TYPE DO YOU PLAN ON BUYING?

Two individual cpus? (two peices of "matter" = blah for all but servers)

One cpu with a dual core (multitasking)

Just buy the Intel Core 2 Duo. (Doesnt matter which one because they all desimate AMD when overclocked. ) They have dual cores and can handle, optimally, two processes at the processor speed. Or if the process is multithreaded, then up to 1.5 times the processor speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom