Dual Monitors - Sli Enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a killer... 3 monitors is extremely addicting. I guess for now I'll turn SLI off, but I'll see if I can hunt something down. Major props to anyone if they know a way to get around this.

I was wondering about this because I have a third card I was going to hook up to do dual monitor. However from what I saw you cant use the same nvidia cards you have enabled in SLI? Any reason why does anyone know? I want to set up dual monitors without disabling SLI. So I would have to use a non nvida card to do this?

Yep, it only works with a third non nvidia card and only in XP. I still havent figured out a way to make it work in vista. Although if i can get my vista partition to boot without giving me a BSOD i might mess around with it some more this weekend. The main reason i havent bothered with vista is that i must have my 2nd monitor.

I just finished ordering TripleHead2Go. $335.... *Falls down and dies* I've heard that it works well even when using SLI. I'll report back if it fails miserably or if it gets me up and running!

"Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition"
Linky with a lame title - DataSheet

Would this work properly with 2 ATI cards and a NVidia as the 3rd card?

I believe it's the same deal as long as you're using XP and not Vista.

So with Vista, you cant have 2 monitors enabled (both hooked up to one card, or one per card) and have SLI running? Thats bs! Ugh. Looks like Im going to have to sell my xmas present. Anyone want to buy an XFX 8600GT XXX edition?

PS. Wouldnt installing a PCI card and running both monitors off that have crappy performance? Or would it be equivalent to running one monitor in SLI? It just seems like the PCI card would just be slow for gaming.

Crossfire supports multiple displays, sli does not. So if you are running crossfire you dont have to deal with a third card.

Ya if i could go back and do it all over i would have just gotten an x38 and 2 3870s. But meh, that'll be next months project :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom