Dual Monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Ok basically im thinkin of gettin me a second 19inch lcd screen for my computer..

I have never seen how dual monitors work.

1) When i play games is it dual monitor? can i turn it off?

2) Can i transfer windows from one side of the screen to the other?

3) Will it slow down my games?

4) Can my system handle it?

Thanks, Really appreciated
alexsabree;)

alexsabree said:
Ok basically im thinkin of gettin me a second 19inch lcd screen for my computer..

I have never seen how dual monitors work.

1) When i play games is it dual monitor? can i turn it off?

2) Can i transfer windows from one side of the screen to the other?

3) Will it slow down my games?

4) Can my system handle it?

Thanks, Really appreciated
alexsabree;)

1) Dual monitors can work like this: they can be a clone of one another, or they can both link into one big screen.

2) Yes

3) it shouldnt because you can only run a game on one screen using WinXP. using a mac oS you can run it on two.

4) well yeah, my old hp system could handle a 19" and 15" monitor :D, what kind of video card do you have?

alexsabree said:
what type of gpu i have? look @ my specs :D

btw: thats a 256mb ddr3 ram and its unlocked and OC to the max ;)

yeah it should handle it.. is that GPU a dual DVI or a DVI/D-Sub? and what monitors will you be running?

alexsabree said:
ugh.. both of the plugs in the back are the white ones XD

I have a Dell 19inch w/5ms response time (i think)

I plan on getting this wide screen:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009091

Would it work with a wide screen and a regular 19in?

Thank You :)

yeah it would work but you'd have to adjust the resolution on the widescreen a little wierd. should work though.

If you want to put them together(side by side) I would recommend getting the same exact monitor as you have now for a 2nd display, for a couple reasons,
1 They will line up with each other (widescreens aren't as tall)
2 The colors will match up perfectly.
3 When you use the same resolution on both, everything will line up from one screen to the other.

You can have both monitors on while gaming but, The game will only be on your primary monitor. The other monitor will show your wallpaper and anything you had on it before you started the game, like, Windows Media player, ATI tool or your system info.

If you want your wallpaper to go across both monitors like it's 1 monitor, You will need some dual monitor wallpaper, You know, rectangle wallpaper twice as wide as your resolution, for example 2560x1024 for dual 1280x1024 monitors. Then just set your wallpaper to "tile" in the display settings.

Good Luck :cool:

O ****... seems as tho my screen is 15 inch, that kinda sucks

All this time i thought i had 19in :D
Plus the contrast ratio is low :(

Looks like b4 i get a dual screen ill have to buy a newer screen

Are you sure it's 15"?

If you use a tape measure to measure your screen, You have to measure it "diagnaly" from the lower left to top right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom