Dual Monitor Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snick

In Runtime
i've decided that i'll be running dual monitors, one 24" for my main screen, and a 19" for my secondary. pretty much for my mmorpg games where i run a bot. now the 24" is already a graphic hog, in theory, will the new video cards coming out be able to handle this solo? currently jsut going to run my 6600gt on a single 17" till i buy the monitors, figure i'll upgrade vid card then.

So, if your running a bot, you don't really need that great of graphics. A 6800 should handle that.

And as far as dual monitors, as long as the graphics card has two DVI/VGA ports then your good.

so you're saying a 6800 for a 24" monitor AND a 19" monitor? i don't think that is going to look very good. keep in mind i'm running both clients for the game on one machine, one in window mode on the 19" and one on the 24" sure i can dumb down the settings for the client being viewed on the 19". but the one i'm running on the 24" won't be. and on the bigger monitor it will be in higher resolution. that alone would eat up a 6800 i imagine.

apokalipse said:
what does DAOC stand for?

Dark age of camelot.. thats what im guessing hes planning on running.

Im pretty sure DAOC doesnt take a lot of power, at least if you dont use the new catacombs engine. If you plan on botting id suggest running the other account in normal engine, and if you really want the shiny graphics the main on catacombs engine.

If ur not running daoc, then all the more luck to you lol.

Just run your second client in SI and your main in Darkness rising or catacombs whatev. Should be fine.

I dual logged on my 9700 pro for a long time till it started to overheat like the 9700's liked to do :p.

not doing daoc, if i was, it'd be hard to take the bot everywhere with my main if i wasnt running the same expansions though.

running Lineage 2

I believe even your 6600gt can handle both the monitors. I run two 19" on mine. Have you tried it yet? It does have 1 DVI and 1 VGA port right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom