Dual Monitor/Single GPU question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
I have both monitors hooked up to my 8800gts card, both are using DVI ports. Is there anything to worry about, or is this normal?

That's very normal. Why else would they put two DVI ports on there? All graphic cards now, have at least two DVI ports.

That's very normal. Why else would they put two DVI ports on there? All graphic cards now, have at least two DVI ports.

I should have worded the question different...but, am I losing performance since I am using 1 card to power both monitors? They're 2 17's.

No. I do the same thing with a 17 and 22, and there is little to no performance loss. If there was, you'd barely notice. Monitors are not demanding in that term of performance. Besides, it's only two 17s.

You can set it up with programs so that it even shuts off the other monitor while gaming. If you plan to use both while gaming, you probably won't notice much except the gaming window will minimize when you mouse to the other screen.

I use 2 monitors during gaming (one for the game, other has a firefox window up with game help). I didn't see a drop in performance, though it may cause some if you are running a very high demand game. But I only turn on the second monitor when I need it since its very easy to switch between single and dual display settings, but I always leave both plugged into the video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom