Dual monitor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekiel

Baseband Member
I just build a new computer and i got a 6600gt card, i got some money laying around and an extra monitor and was thinking of buying another video card. I got some question'

-Can i get any other video card i want?

-Will each monitor's graphics be determined on what video card its using?

-ty

Depends on the motherboard. Unless you have 2 AGP slots, or 2 PCIE slots, or one of each, you would have to buy a PCI card for your 2nd video card. That would be junk. And yes, each monitors graphics would depend on the card they are connected to. Also, nvidia drivers come with a tool to run more that one monitor off the same card, so you might want to look into that as well. I have tried it myself, and it works pretty good.

ive tried running 2 monitors off 1 6600gt and its not really worth it. IMHO if your gonna use muliple monitors you need a motherboard with 2 pci-e slots, 2 graphics cards that are at least 6800GT/GS and 3 monitors, have the centre monitor running off one card and the sides ones running off the other card. So when your gaming you dont have a line down the middle of the game. Would be killer if you got it to work properly. Other than that i wouldnt use more than one monitor.

if you just want dual monitors, hook them up. the 6600GT has two outputs.

You might have to get a DVI to VGA adapter, but otherwise it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom