dual moniter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlrocker

In Runtime
Hey guys, i was just wondering if having 2 moniters hooked up to one 7600GT will make the GPU slower and not to its full performance.

nope shouldn't effect performance as when you play a game it only plays on one screen you might lose one fps but nothing noticeable. I reccomend using a program called "ultramon" to manage your screens its by far the best I have used out of about 8 alternatives. There is a 30 day free trial or you can download through less legal ways

I just let XP manage my dual monitors. Use my 24" for gaming and use my 20" for everything else.

ultramon adds a taskbar to the extra monitor extremely useful I find...... and it also saves profiles of monitor set-ups which is more useful on my laptop then my desktop but still a worthy extra

mine are identical only problem is one is vga which is set to default wich sucks cause i dont get my full1600:1 contrast ration that way, i need a another dvi cable.

yes you can use the nvidia one that is in your tools for your gfx card or windows xp screenmanager. but personally I think those two are the worst to use the settings are very restrictive whilst ultramon is great just download the free trial and see what you prefer. It is available through less legal ways if you have no money at all

Are you wanting an extended display or two seperate displays?
I'm using the Nvidia Control center and it works just fine(for both). But if you want two seperate displays, just make sure to hook up the second monitor before you start the pc or restart it, else it would show the options to have it as a serperate display. And obviously download the lastest drivers which will have the latest Nvidia Control Center.

So if you have 2 monitors hooked up, you can have 2 different screens opened up, 1 on one monitor and another on the other monitor? I could have my game opened up on one screen and a website opened up on the other monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom