Dual core video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWS

In Runtime
Is a dual core video card equal to 2 seperate video cards?? for example a 7800GTX dual core = 2 7800GTX in SLI mode

I'm not sure if one could call of the current dual GPU cards "dual cores" as they aren't really a dual core, since both GPUs are seperating and not built on the same die...these would probably be better compared to a multisocket motherboard as this is basically the same concept, two cores on one PCB but still seperate

I assume the simple fact why dual core GPUs are manufactured yet is the fact that rendering instructions aren't multithreaded and game developers are probably reluctant to do so already having to write multithreaded CPU code which takes a lot of time

I agree this is a step in the right direction from SLI though, dual cards offer I think 50% increase over single cores but don't quote me on that...they still aren't worth the price IMO

^^ Simple technicalities in how english is used, dual core, two cores, two chips, dual gpu. Two cores in one chip or two chips on one board i don't care it's the way to go.

well...it's pretty simple to follow.

Dual GPU - Two seperate Graphics Processing Units

Dual Core - One Processing unit comprised of two cores

buuuuuuuut yeah, even though the few dual gpu cards I've seen are freakin MASSIVE and probably suck energy like a leech I'd rather see and own a dual GPU card over crap like SLI or crossfire.

**** ATI for following SLI with crossfire...I always prefer nvidia, but I was really rooting for the 'opposite team' and hoping that ATI wouldn't go that whole dual card route and would just simply make some amazing single card solution that'd destroy Nvidia SLI.....SLI Failed once in the past, it shoulda just died then

That's not a real dual core video card. It just has 2 GPUs on one board. And there will only be 2000 of them made, AND gigabyte already makes these kinds of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom