Is Dual Core Really All That Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digima$ter

Baseband Member
I've been hearing rumors that dual core is definately not worthy of it's price and it's better to get dual proccesor. I am thinking about getting a dual core computer in the future so any1 who used it please tell me how it is!

Well right now the dual cores arent winning in the benchmarks, but that's because not one game engine is optimized to run on dual core cpus, but when that happens the dual core cpus will chew up and spit out single core cpus.

Same with teh Ageia PhysX Card, when it comes out no games will be able to utilized because no engines are optimized for it, but when engines start coming out and utilizing the PhysX card, you will get a huge performance increase and a realism increase with the physics.

right ridlyn, dual cores don't have any advantage right now in "Gaming" mainly due to lack of software support. Games and most PC software are currently single thread applications. Over short period of time "software devs." will start to develop multithreaded games and applications. Then the benchmarks shall speak for themselves.

Dual Core CPU's will eventually be the standard in PC's in the next couple of years. Cost of production is not any greater then single core CPU's. Once this technology is embraced by the market, you'll be sure to see (Dual Core) in every desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom