Dual Core Opterons Went Up In Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K8 man...K8 is any AThlon 64 or Opteron

lazerman you should look into finding the Delta TFB1212GHE fan...I just got a box of them for dirt cheap for suicide benchmarking, they're rated 95CFM higher than what you have listed up there

Seriously? What is the dB rating on those?

Edit: Holy cow! 220cfm at 65dB! That is amazing! That may be too loud for me... But then again I do have a fan controller so it should be bearable. How much louder is 65dB compared to 55dB other than 10dB (I want a real word comparison).

So you got a whole bunch for cheap? Want to sell one?

I may get one just to see what it is like, hopefully my speed controller will work on it. I found a comparison that said it was like a vacuum cleaner. Have you tried these out yet?

I might sell them, I'm not even sure I can use them yet...the problem is that they use far too much power for my liking, almost 30watts per fan...even after I spent a few extra bucks on a decent rheobus its still only rated 20w per channel meaning I have to connect these directly to the power supply meaning they'll be running pretty much full blast

65dba is LOUD...that's why I said I'm only using them for benchmarking purposes, my panaflos aren't even turned up all the way 24/7 and I only turn my fans all the way up when I am benchmarking

Basically if you don't want it blasting 24/7 you're going to have to mod it for 7v use rather than using the full 12v...or you find a fan controller than can handle it which I have yet to find

Might also wanna look into Sanyo Denki and Panasonic Panaflo fans as they have the best airflow to noise ratio on the market...I have them both and keep them up at about 60-70% which is still enough to feel good air pressure through the heatercore as well as making them virtually silent with the side panel on

I will let you know what I decide to do with the Deltas, they're rare and I got a huge discount on them so I think I'm put them to some sort of use

I don't care as long as it is less than or equal to my Tornado's dB rating which is 55, and that YS Tech one is 49dB. It will be quieter actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom