Dual Core comparison: Wolfdale vs. Phenom X2 vs. Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read that the wolfdale is supposed to have MUCH more overclocking headroom than penryn.

LOL ^^

I think you mean that wolfdale have more overclocking headroom than Conroe

Wolfdale and penryn are the same thing. Wolfdale is just the desktop version of penryn, and as you know penryn is a mobile chip

wait i thought Wolfdale was the dual-core version and Yorkfield is the desktop quad core version

LOL ^^

I think you mean that wolfdale have more overclocking headroom than Conroe

Wolfdale and penryn are the same thing. Wolfdale is just the desktop version of penryn, and as you know penryn is a mobile chip

LOL que?

no i didnt mean that^^, even though it should be true. what i meant was the wolfdale is the dual core version of yorkfield (both penryn-based...though we always refer to "penryn" as the quad core in this forum, it seems) and has a lower thermal envelope, so supposedly that will give it more overclockability (as compared to yorkfield). yorkfield is to wolfdale as kentsfield is to conroe. ie same architecture, both destops, different number of cores 4 vs 2. ie the dual core should overclock better than the quad core by quite a margin. sorry for the confusion...
but, from what i understand, penryn is the name of the family (mobile, desktop, and server), AND the mobile chip itself. i could be wrong, i dont study on the intel stuff too much. just enough to make informed opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom