Which Dual Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
I've heard that AMD is generally better than Intel for gaming, but is that true with the dual core processors too? Which is better?

AMD is currently better but with in 6 months it would look like Intel will be making better processors again. Dual Core is also better for gaming.

Wow, that was fast :p Thanks for the quick replies. One more question....any reason at all that I should go with an Intel right now?

If you have the money you can go for the Intel Conroe which is coming out soon, better then the current AMDs, but I'm sure AMD will come back at them. Dual Core is not necessarily better for gaming because currently games do not use both cores, but in the future they will.

get a dual core, AMD dual core, if ur gonna get intel wait a few months, but even then im sure AMD will come back with something that will whip its ***.

john3 said:
get a dual core, AMD dual core, if ur gonna get intel wait a few months, but even then im sure AMD will come back with something that will whip its ***.
Like AM2 with it's impressive ddr2 support :rolleyes: It's intel this time

ya, i have a bad feeling about AMD in the future, i hope the have somthing up there sleeve.

Hmm...3-4 months is a long time to wait, especially since my current system sucks ***. Can't even play CSS lol. Gonna go AMD dualcore, unless you all think the Conroe is worth that kinda wait with no gameplaying. And if I do wait, I hope the conroe isn't all hype....

Instead of having "a bad feeling," why don't you guys go out and do some research? AMD's got NOTHING up it's sleeve until late 2007. Like Anand said, "2006 is painted Blue." K8L isn't coming out until the end of 2007, and I'm not sure if a architectural upgrade will be enough to take on Conroe's whole new architecture.

Like Tyler said up there, its Intel time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom