dual channel ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom36252

Baseband Member
i have 1.5 gbs of ddr 400 in my comp. im getting a a8n-sli premium and i was wondering i want to run 2 dual channel kits. i have one but i want to run another one but i only have one stick of 512 hyperx ram can i just by another stick of the same stuff and do dual channel or do u have to get a dual channel kit?

A lot of people mistake dual channel as being a feature the ram has, when infact it's the motherboard. You can take 2 identical sticks of ram and run them in dual channel. They don't have to come in a "dual channel kit". So if I understand you correctly you have a 1GB stick of Patriot and one stick of hyperX? If so, buy another stick of Patriot and you'll be set.

ok you answered my question perfectly and you were close i have 2 512 sticks of patriot and one 512 stick of hyperx. thanks again.

But b sure that u buy the same stick, or at least the same timings if u'r going with a different brand

yea i found the exact same stick that i need on newegg.com im gonna ordered at the beginning of next month when i have the money. thanks a bunch saves me a bunch of money. instead of buying another dual channel kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom