Dual actuator technology worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas

Daemon Poster
Ive done a bit of research, not much i must admit which is probably why im a bit unsure on what this does and if its worth it haha!

Anyway, to the main point i was just wondering which hdd i should get out of these two, is it worth sacrificing the 750gb for the dual actuator technology; will it increase the speed of the hard drive in any way?

WD 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Caviar Black Hard.. | Ebuyer.com

WD 750GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Caviar Black Hard.. | Ebuyer.com

Also, would anyone recommend anything better for under £75-80?

Thanks in advance.

Dual actuator technology - A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy.

No extra speed but it should good.

I would just grab the 1TB. You can't beat the WD blacks without spending a bit more money.

The momentus XT is a hybrid. It's got a small amount of solid state memory in there...not sure how much. It does offer an increase in performance which is good for if you want a faster hard drive, but don't really want to spend a ton on a solid state drive or a 10,000 rpm drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom