Dual 7800GT'S or Single 7800GTX (256 mb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Envy

In Runtime
Ok so I recently posted a thread asking if my computer would be any good. I got my anwsers but now I have one more question.

Should I ditch the dual GT's and buy a GTX?(256 mb) Im looking for performance here so money isnt a big issue.

What card would I most benifit from. I Play : HL2, F.E.A.R, BF2, Doom 3, Quake 4, CS Source, COD 2 and Far Cry.

and the PSU is a 500 watts.

No, if you're going to ditch the dual GT's wait until the G71 core comes out and buy one of those. One of those supposedly will outpeform a 7800GTX 512, so just wait a little while longer and buy a G71 core.

Which is supposed to happen around march/april time.

ok..when I ment money isnt a issue i ment in terms of the dual GT's and the GTX

GTX 512mb is a TAD exspensive ...and the g 71 sounds like it will be too... if I do infact get the dual gt's can I get maxium performance out of games such as bf2, hl2 and maybe even F.E.A.R.? <---(video card strainer)

I run FEAR with one 7800gt on max and it runs fine for me. The fps might be alittle slow to some but i dont really notice a difference. If youve got the money, get the GTX and save the rest.

I would save your money, one 7800GT can play every game out there right now on max 1024 x 768, at least .

but also cost $200 more, save ur money buy a GTX, and put the money into another component of your pc.

CPU
RAM
HDD
Monitor
Sound Card, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom