DS4 Issues, need to make a quick decision, urgent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Hey,

first off, I'd like to say hi to everyone who knows me around here, i've been away for a while and wasn't able to hang out around here like i used to, but i probably wasn't missed by anyone ;]

Anyways

i've had an DS4 [to host my lovley E6400] up till now, but its been doin' odd problems since the day i bought it, stuff like self shutdowns on POST and stuff..

anyway, tomorrow im being granted the choice to replace it, RMA it or just take it back as-is.

Wells, now im facing this decision, I can replace it and get either one of these:

DFi Infinity 975X/G + with the 50$ I get as a refund I can buy myself a nice VF900 for my X1900XT or a new HDD which I need badley. also, it has the 975X chipset and CF support ]and soon official SLi support].

ASUS P5B Deluxe, which would cost me an extra 25$, and also would mean I have to give up the new HDD or VF900 for now, and on top of that, it comes with a northbridge of 965P, like my old DS4, and I've heard that 975x would work better with my Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 v2.1, is that true? could P965 be me my source of troubles in my DS4? if so, should I take a chance with a new mobo with 965P?

I Would appreciate your opinions, this is urgent as im going to sleep now, and as soon as I wake up, I have to make the final decision.

Thanks,

-Jo.

Gigabyte has just released some motherboards that support Crossfire with the 965 chipset.

How is the asus P5B deluxe a pain?

I'm sittin here with one and I havent had any issues...

OK, the decision is prosponed, anyway I have brought to attention this mobo:

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=227&model=1280&modelmenu=1

which I have never heard of or seen before, once again its around 50$ mroe expensive than my DS4, so it means i'll hve to give up my new HDD for the time being, however it solves one major problem I have, It has TWO IDE connectors, something I need actually..

anyone had/has experience with this board?

frankly all im going to try and achieve is 450FSB *8 and 1:1 FSB : RAM [so DDR2 900] on 4-4-4-12 ...

-Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom