DS4 Issues, need to make a quick decision, urgent.
first off, I'd like to say hi to everyone who knows me around here, i've been away for a while and wasn't able to hang out around here like i used to, but i probably wasn't missed by anyone ;]
i've had an DS4 [to host my lovley E6400] up till now, but its been doin' odd problems since the day i bought it, stuff like self shutdowns on POST and stuff..
anyway, tomorrow im being granted the choice to replace it, RMA it or just take it back as-is.
Wells, now im facing this decision, I can replace it and get either one of these:
DFi Infinity 975X/G + with the 50$ I get as a refund I can buy myself a nice VF900 for my X1900XT or a new HDD which I need badley. also, it has the 975X chipset and CF support ]and soon official SLi support].
ASUS P5B Deluxe, which would cost me an extra 25$, and also would mean I have to give up the new HDD or VF900 for now, and on top of that, it comes with a northbridge of 965P, like my old DS4, and I've heard that 975x would work better with my Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 v2.1, is that true? could P965 be me my source of troubles in my DS4? if so, should I take a chance with a new mobo with 965P?
I Would appreciate your opinions, this is urgent as im going to sleep now, and as soon as I wake up, I have to make the final decision.