DS3R vs. P6N Plat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
Whatre the differences between these mobo, aside from the chipset, what're the disadvantages and advantages of each? (besides the p35 on the ds3) which would you suggest for non-sli heavy overclocking.

The p35 has increased memory performance. I think its about 22% better then 965's... I'll try to find the link, one sec.

Edit: Found it, its 16-18% in benches and 2-5% in real world applications. Better then nothing I guess.
That means the real performance surprise in these tests is that the revised memory controller in the Bearlake chipset improves buffered memory bandwidth by 16% to 18%, with a real-world improvement in gaming and application performance of 2 to 5%. This is a pretty impressive improvement for a memory controller update. To repeat an old saying please remember that memory is just one small part of the system, so a 2% to 5% increase in gaming from the memory controller alone means the P35 memory controller is significantly improved over the P965 chipset.

AnandTech: DDR3 vs. DDR2

is the p6n plat a 965 chipset?

also, would 2-5% really be worth it? Also, im looking for an external sata port....any p35 mobos have that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom