Drool....

Yea that was me years ago. Now I'm humble and just don't care. A friend of mine who is in his 30s when we go to LANs still talks about 3dmark scores and I'm like dude....grow up. I STILL have AMD fanboys trying to argue scores and benchmarks to me. The dick swinging in the PC world is just as bad as car guys. Domestic vs import, Ford vs Chevy, rice vs muscle, whatever. It's all stupid. I love my rig as much as the next guy but I have learned not to bloat about what I have. If people ask then I'll tell them.

As recent as 4 years ago I used to care about small stuff like all that. I blew a ton of money between a good friend and I. It's the reason I went Intel to begin with. Now I have a dead phase change in my storage building because of it, couple of dead 280s and a dying one, a burnt eVGA P55 board, and I was broke for about 6 months to recoup. Dumbest **** ever lol. We were too busy about outdoing our 3dmark scores and trying to put records on hwbot.org. I got fed up and decided to trade my custom phase unit for an LN2 tank and arm while Kingpin was going to hook me up with a pot for cheap. My phase unit got screwed up in shipping, UPS ****ed me about getting my money back to me, I didn't get the tank, and he moved to tri-SLI 470s and an i7 920 setup under chilled water. That's when I said, I'm out. My gas station job can't keep up :lol:

I laughed pretty hard at this story. Lol!!

See I'm 24, but I still like to talk rigs and different specs and gloat about mine to less fortunate and to be jealous of that guy with SLI titans lol. Idk it's just my life is technology it's what makes me happy lol :D

But on a serious note. Why are you working at a gas station? You are borderline hardware genius. You need to be getting it in with these big companies man. Or start your own custom rig business.

Edit: if not a full hardware genius lol

Last edited:
Yea, I've been playing with hardware since 99 when my dad helped me build my first rig. I was all about bloating when I finally had something good from 07 to about 2010. When all that happened I pretty much quit.

That was 4 years ago. I worked at that gas station 2 years from 08 to 2010. I got that job because I quit doing pro audio with my dad after 8 years of hard work and almost nothing to show for it.

Yea this **** was pretty fun.
DSCN0989.jpg~original

Lol that's sick. As far as your cooling setup. Mother of god. Is that box just the pump with the water? What is that thing?

The "radar" thing is the pump/res housing to an older Cooler Master water cooling kit. The water loop was on the GPUs.

The black box is a phase change unit. Basically a compressor attached to a tube that you mount on your CPU. That particular unit was a custom design and could cool up to 400w or so at -48c. Got my i5 750 up to 4.8GHz with it from a stock 2.66. I was limited by RAM at 2400 which was a 2000 rated kit I had running suicide at 1.72v. Yes, I fried that CPU too but it was worth it :p

Back
Top Bottom