Driver Updates - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2005, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Driver Updates

Ok guys. I built my new system about a month ago with all of your help. I do have a weird problem though. Every time I turn the computer on for the first time it will boot up and I can use it for a few minutes. Then the screen will go black and it will reboot. After it reboots the message pops up saying that it has recovered from a critical error - I click ok to send the report to Microsoft and a screen on IE pops up saying that the problem was most likely caused by a device driver. The weirdest part is that after the PC has rebooted I can run it for hours and hours and it won't crash --> it only does it the first time I boot it up. I downloaded DriverDetective and ran the free analysis. It gave me these results:

How do I find the new drivers mentioned in the report to download? Is the only way for me to update them is to pay the $30 for the software? I tried searching on google but I have no idea what files I need for the mentioned bad drivers. Do you think that this can be causing the problem?

Thanks for any help!

AMD 64 4000+ San Diego
4 GB Memory
Old 10-25-2005, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Content Team

Google the drivers or run microsoft update.

Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz SLACR
eVGA 8800GT 512mb Video Card
4GB DDR2-800Mhz RAM
Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 with Scythe SFlex Fan
160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.9
500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11
22" Viewsonic Widescreen Monitor
3DMark06 Score: 11402
Old 10-26-2005, 12:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

i would suggsest re formatting.. and if your not running windows XP 64 edition that 4GB of ram may be causing some errors.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I did google the drivers. However if I type the names listed in the link posted above no files pop up that are clearly the drivers that I need. When I run Microsoft update there are no more updates to install - I have all of them.

I'm thinking the 4GB could be the problem. I have Windows XP Pro. Am I better off taking out 2 GB and putting them up until I upgrade to a 64 bit platform in the future?

AMD 64 4000+ San Diego
4 GB Memory
Closed Thread