Drive help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2006, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Drive help

Can someone please recommened me a good CD/DVD burner with lightscribe? Almost all the CD/DVD burners on newegg have bad reviews and i dont want to pick the wrong one.

Im planning on spending 80 buks or less.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

the technology is still in its infancy.

I believe my DVD/CD writer has the technology but I've never bothered to use it. Apparently it takes a long time to use.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

my drive uses lightscribe as well But tis the HP DVD840i the reveiws says its good but i've gone through 11 of these after like 2weeks-1month they start getting dumb like they wont read brand new cd's bad seek times bad spin up slow dvd writing speed. In fact i have one right now but i'm going to exchange it again because it won't even read the software cd it came wth this is madness and it also isn't burning cd-r's. but i've use lightscribe like 3 times it doesn't really beat color labels but its kinda cool and the qualituy is better than writing on it with a mrker but it takes like 19 mins for a excellent label but you can leave it running while in the shower or something. So don't get the HP DVD840i it sux but this is the only lightscribe drive i've tried so good luck
Closed Thread