downgrade to xp 64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
X-fi doesnt sound good.. cant use 3dmark 06.. Blue screened when i loaded the newest nvidia drivers. assassins creed, bioshock, crysis, farcry 2 are jumpy and stattery in vista 64...used to play decent in xp. I only installed vista because xp is near end of life......Is it worth it downgrading?

philbar, are you running 64 bit though?

I am still using XP. Vista is far from the new windows "standard", I don't know if it ever will become it.

Vista is stable. It is something you have installed that has made it unstable.

Are the drivers you installed WQHL Certified? Do you have the correct drivers for your sound card and Video card?

There is nothing wrong with Vista. I have used it for over 2 years now. It is just fine.

I doubt xp 64bit would be better for you, maybe xp 32bit... Apparently xp 32 isnt supported by anything. I admit vista has issues, but i think its definately more stable than any other windows. That issue you have could be that your running things in dx10 (which is a piece of crap imo) or something to do with driver conflicts. I would try reinstalling your drivers and using driver cleaner pro each time under safe mode after you remove them.

Apparently xp 32 isnt supported by anything.

b4d68eb45fc3341dd4c612a3e270527e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom