Double processor systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 x 1024

edit: although, if you're going to be testing playing a game, AND you're going to be rendering, video editing, things like that ALL at the same time, I'd get more RAM.

If it works, I wanna see it! Sounds like an awesome theory

Sh0r_ty said:
and so for things like gaming it is useless cos games arn;t compatible yet
All I can say is wrong they run fine if not even better. COS, and Oblivion to name a few now and games will now be developed with 64 bit in mind as time passes.

Arrg! I have so many quesions!

1. What type of cooling will i need? Should I get liquid cooling?

Everything looks good except I need an 8x AGP slot. Is there something with the same parameters as this one but with an AGP slot?

Is it dual core?

4. What is the difference 184-PIN and 240-PIN RAM? I would assume 240-pin is faster but the above recommended mobo only supports 184-pin. Is changing to 240 worth it? What is the fastest type of RAM atm?

5. So my Windows XP Professional SP2 will support 2 dual core 64-bit processors? I am just making sure because i really dont like making mistakes when it concerns money.

klevenskiy said:

4. What is the difference 184-PIN and 240-PIN RAM? I would assume 240-pin is faster but the above recommended mobo only supports 184-pin. Is changing to 240 worth it? What is the fastest type of RAM atm?

240 pin RAM is DDR 2. AMD only supports DDR for now which is 184 pin, they will support DDR 2 soon once the M2 socket is out which should be around summer time. The fastest RAM is DDR 400 as this is all that is compatible with AMD

Alright, but I still can't find a mobo which would support 2 CPUs, 16 x pci express and AGP. The reason i want agp is because ATI X800XT only supports AGP and I am not going to upgrade it yet.

You're going to have a lot of problems finding a mobo that supports two competing slots for a graphics card... might be time to just suck it up and go over to pci-e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom