Don't forget Newegg Open Box's people :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora

Renowned Budgeting Master
I wan't to remind everyone that there are some crazy newegg open box deals that are nice if you know what you are buying. For instance a hardrive on the egg comes OEM usually which means just the drive yes, however the open box's also come "OEM" the only problem is of coarse you don't get the warranty through the company any more. The thing is....hard drives just don't die randomly at all really and most likely regardless if you bought a retail or open box you won't be having any problems as long as it's working initially once you have recieved it. Here is a WD Caviar 250GB that is 15 bucks cheaper than the retail.

Newegg.com - Open Box: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Or How about video cards, even if you don't have the manufacuter's warranty they take forever to "die". I mean my friend still has a working Rage card from 10 years ago almost....

How about this card. The X1800XT was out around July and Augest of last summer and it was quite a power card. They don't even make these anymore but for 148 bucks the same price as the 7900GS or X1950PRO this card will smoke.

Newegg.com - Open Box: SAPPHIRE 100154 Radeon X1800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 CrossFire Support Video Card - OEM

Then here is my favorite deal I've seen on there...this one is a little more of a risk but the savings are quite a lot. Take the Biostar Tforce 550 the X2's favorite budget overclocking board. Retail it is 79.99 yes however open box you can then find it for 49.99.

Newegg.com - Open Box: BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - OEM

These may not have all of the little things such as the I/O panel or a SATA cable but for 30 bucks less you can work around that.

The bottom line is Open Box items may not be for everyone sure but for people who know what they are buying, and like to save some money for overall the same quality parts then don't forget them. I myself will be picking up an open box video card in the near future heh. Just making sure people don't forget to look and see whats Open Box today!

Happy Saving :p

I've got mixed feelings about Open Box from Newegg. Just recently purchased a X1900XT card for 169.00 that had horrible tearing when I played games...2D was fine. I had to RMA and paid 25.00 restocking fee...and had to settle for a 1650Pro...not quite the same card.

At the same time I purchased an Intel 965 board for 50.00 and everything worked great...even went to the Intel site and purchased an IO shield for 4.00.

Go figure....sometimes it works out...always taking a a chance though.

How about this card. The X1800XT was out around July and Augest of last summer and it was quite a power card. They don't even make these anymore but for 148 bucks the same price as the 7900GS or X1950PRO this card will smoke.

By far this is ^^ the worst video card for the price, why ? Because you can get 7950GT OC for the same price after rebate

Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGR7950256GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 OC HDCP Video Card - Retail

And this is not an open box

ur advertising for em or sumthing?

i thought the same thing...
cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800 2.93GHz
Ram: Crucial 12GB (3x4GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C5
hdd: (2x) Seagate Cheetah 10K.7 300GB 10,000RPM SCSI 8MB Cache
cooling: Zalman Reserator2 Fanless Water Cooling System
psu: Enermax Galaxy 1000W EGA1000EWL ATX2.2 Modular PSU.
gfx:pNY Quadro FX5500 1GB 256-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 with
optical: 2x LiteOn BD-R/RE Blu-Ray SATA DVD Writer

GAMING BUILD;(overclocked)
case: Zalman HD160XT-B
mobo: Asus P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi AP
cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Ram: Crucial 4GB (1x4GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C5
optical: 2x LiteOn BD-R/RE Blu-Ray SATA DVD Writer
gfx: (2x) BFG GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 With SLi
cooling: Zalman Reserator2 Fanless Water Cooling System
hdd: (2x) Seagate Cheetah 10K.7 300GB 10,000RPM SCSI 8MB Cache
psu: Coolermaster Real Power Pro 550W

Lol no i'm not advertising at all. I just want to remind people of the open box of newegg since we all recommend parts from the egg already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom