Don't buy ALIENWARE CASES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send him an email with the following.

Dear Joe,

While you say that "The power supply that normally goes in cases of this type is not anything special, but it is sized to accommodate the power needs of a power hungry system that buyers usually put in this case."

This is clearly not the case. All power supplies sold in the retail market follow a specification dubbed ATX. This ensures universal compatibility among brands. The Alienware case I received apparently does not follow this ATX standard and thus, unless you happen to sell the Proprietary Alienware power supply it originally came with your recommendation to buy another power supply from you is meaningless.

I don't have a problem returning the case to you and paying to ship it back, however I demand a full refund, including shipping costs as, quite frankly I know it did not cost you $50 to ship to me originally.

If this is not resolved to MY satisfaction, I will have no choice but to leave negative feedback and report you to ebay, A. for an incomplete item description stating it's obvious proprietary design, and B. for overcharging shipping to get out of final value fees.

Sincerely, [Whatever your name is]

OHH DANG!!! Thats preety intimidating to just read lol.

Looks like I will consult bad purchases with you.

Thank you so much for that. Although He seems to not reply to me.

Just a little update, I used alienware support with the sticker on the back of the case.
This is what I got.

Thank you for your reply.

It is possible that the power supply requires a bracket to properly seat in. However, you might also want to check the following article. It contains the information of the original power supply:

Answer Title: What are the specifications of the Ahanix power supply of my Digital Home System (DHS)?
Answer Link: Alienware : The Best Custom Built Gaming PC for the Ultimate PC Gamer!
(In that picture it shows an Micro power supply, mine is standard. corsair 620 HX

Now, where Can I find those brackets?

Cause since this is a used computer, they won't give me customer support cause its not tranferable.

They made a mistake by giving me email custom support, so now I want to take advantage of it.

This is what I got now:
Thank you for your inquiry.

As you can see in the article that we provided, there would be no part number for that, as we did not use one in our original model. You would need to search for one that will accomplish what you need having in mind the Power Source dimensions. We hope this is not much of an inconvenience.

So am I stuck or what?

send that crap back and get a full refund. They are just giving you the "run around" Just be mature about the situation when you email them and tell them how unhappy you are

So the case was scratched, missing pieces, and not as described?

Link to the ebay item page please?

If this is the case, seriously demand a refund or threaten to report him to ebay and paypal...

Well its on ebay, they got tons of them with the same description.

They say" SOLD AS IS" so thats why I am not complaining about it anymore, after all it works, its just that power supply issue, which I covered with tape, but Ill try to find that bracket. As for the missing parts, well they will be covered someday with something usefull. And the scratches, well they warned me about the scratches.

BTW they told me they would do a full refund, but since I paid 28 bucks for the case, and around 50 for shipping. I will be like getting 40 bucks for the case, which in that case I will keep it.

Here is the link:

Alienware Silver Tower PC Computer Case 1.5 Chassis - eBay (item 380048038770 end time Jul-24-08 13:58:58 PDT)

i am grico_12 <thats me

Check the feedback I left them, I am the only one with the negative lol. And check their responce. (check all feedback, mine is the 3 one.)

" he dosent know computers" Lol I still think thats funny.

you probably should of tried to resolve the situation before leaving feedback like that

edit: this is from the seller on the product page
"Only the items listed are included with the tower - these are barebone towers/cases .... fans, brackets, risers & screws may or may not be included with the case".
Sounds to me like you f-ed up. Your lucky they'll do a refund. Next time resolve the situation before leaving negative feedback. If it were me I wouldn't give you nothing back.

Yep definitely read all of the description before buying. It's like those "Playstation (3)" stunts people were pulling at launch.

The big issues was not about that... Its a big story so am not going to that again.

As for the power supply bracket does anyone know anything about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom