Doesn't Feel Fast for a Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might not be the problem...I'm just saying it could be since most newer games do support dual-cores and I KNOW oblivion shows significant increase.

If you were to get a new mainboard then I would get a Core 2 Duo unless you are a huge fanboy as they are more powerful.

hmmm..... I might just wait it out abit.
One of the games which showed no performance increase from the 6800gt to the 8800gtx was Day of Defeat:Source. still runs at 35-110fps but has some major lag issues with 3 or more people on screen(at close range) and makes it hard to take advange of opportunities. Yet the game Half-Life 2 : Episode 1 runs at a constant >110fps and is supposed to be graphically better. I seriously doubt that the source engine has taken advantage of duel core processors in 1 game and not the other.

MM I think that it may contribute to the problem still as the newest games and games to come will use Dual Core a good bit. Yea though I would wait it out for now and just wait for Dual cores to go down later and purchase whatever is best at the time Intel's new Core 2's or the K9L.

Honestly it's probably Vista that's your problem. Try different drivers for everything. The FX-57 is still a fast chip and you have the best graphics card available.

That's very weird, That 8800 GTX will run through ANY game out there. I got money on it being your cpu, Since Vista doesn't seem to be causing that much of a problem!
I'm running Vista 64. Just make shure all your hardware ie; Video card an such has the driver support for it.

My 8800's, Are by eVGA.

Plus the FX-57 only has 1MB of cache as well...still a really fast chip but I don't see anything else that could hurt it since you have the best GFX card.

i would think that its a software problem as opposed to a hardware problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom