Does running 32-bit Vista on a dual-core 64-bit processor bog performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kite fuel, yay-yer!

Time to get my board out I think its blowing a gale
Kite%20Surfing%201.jpg

a 32 bit OS will only bottleneck your PC's performance if:
1) you're using more than 3 GB of memory*
2) you're using a storage array of more than 2TB
3) you're trying to use 64-bit capable intensive computing apps for things like cryptography

64 bit will alleviate those problems, allowing for support of more memory, larger storage arrays. The downside to a 64-bit OS is that it drops support for 16-bit legacy applications, and the emulation at this point is dodgy. A lot of older, especially obscure or custom software will not work with 64-bit vista.

*Of course, considering that with Vista, anything -less- than 3 GB of memory will slow you down, I guess it's a reasonable deduction that you need the 64-bit version so you can add more memory.

EDIT:

Oh yah, and I know a guy who -does- have a 6 GHz dual-core processor... and it's awesome... it's just that he spent more money on a cooling system for it than I make in a quarter. :p

dude that looks so fun.

Its awesome trust me if you nerdy geeks can brave the bright sunlight lol its worth it the speed can get up to a speed boat i.e. 60mph or in stormy conditions 100mph some people have surfed in hurrricane winds of 140+mph that's fast for a man strapped bare to a board!!! jumps from waves get a few metres in the air and the kite acts as a parachute for a soft landing or masses of tricks. Its not without its risks though many people en up in trees with broken bones.

Its awesome trust me if you nerdy geeks can brave the bright sunlight lol its worth it the speed can get up to a speed boat i.e. 60mph or in stormy conditions 100mph some people have surfed in hurrricane winds of 140+mph that's fast for a man strapped bare to a board!!! jumps from waves get a few metres in the air and the kite acts as a parachute for a soft landing or masses of tricks. Its not without its risks though many people en up in trees with broken bones.

I'm into the small sailboats more... lasers, butterflys... difference being you get a bigger sail, a deeper keel (daggerboard), and you stand horizontally instead of vertically.

lasermaintg0.jpg

It's colossal fun.

I used to win open-class regattas in those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom