Does running 32-bit Vista on a dual-core 64-bit processor bog performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was your first mistake. At this point in time though, there is no reason to buy a 32bit OS, and i really wish microsoft would cut the crap and just move to 64 bit only already.

BTW, my quad core is capable of 16ghz :D gogo 4 cores at 4ghz each!!!

That makes perfect sense! 4 x 4 = 16! It's so simple!

I think you're Best Buy material! :D

But as far as Geek Squad goes, they suck. They're very expensive, and they don't receive good training or anything from Best Buy. I prefer to find someone who works by themself, because that person will most likely charge less, and be more knowledgable and personable.

Hmm... but wait. If I have 2 cores, and they're both 64 bit, doesn't that mean I need a 128 bit OS? I don't think DDR2 RAM is compatible with that! :p

What's really sad about Geek Squad is that having them fix your computer will probably cost you more than replacing it would.

Hmm... but wait. If I have 2 cores, and they're both 64 bit, doesn't that mean I need a 128 bit OS? I don't think DDR2 RAM is compatible with that! :p

Bad, bad, bad. Stop adding the cores already lol. Each one is 64 bit and both are 64 bit. They both work as separate individual Cores which are connected by a memory controller, and blah blah blah. The point is STOP adding lol.

Its like combining the productivity of two employees working side by side. Just because there is room for team work and better communication. It does not mean its wise to expect twice the productivity rate.

Thats why Dual Cores are much more stable and suffer from BOD's less often the single cores. Because they have two Cores simultaneously communicating and working together as a team.

i hate it when people try to act like they know wat their talking about. at this place called disk smiths electronics in australia, they have crysis videos playing so people come in and think this crappy acer prebuilt can run crysis at high settings. i just annoys me...

Bad, bad, bad. Stop adding the cores already lol. Each one is 64 bit and both are 64 bit. They both work as separate individual Cores which are connected by a memory controller, and blah blah blah. The point is STOP adding lol.

Its like combining the productivity of two employees working side by side. Just because there is room for team work and better communication. It does not mean its wise to expect twice the productivity rate.

Thats why Dual Cores are much more stable and suffer from BOD's less often the single cores. Because they have two Cores simultaneously communicating and working together as a team.

And the sound of air can be heard rushing above Hussein's cranium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom