Does my build look ok? Any feedback is helpful

Thanks, this was very helpful but what do you mean by save 10 bucks and get something different? Also, will a zalman offer any difference other than color or is that just a preferance? (one that I'm actually concidering btw) :D

Oh and thanks for suggesting a build, didnt even see that!

I mean't the memory prices if you look again later check betweem corsair/kingston and mushkin and price compare.
If you can get two 4gb's of ram for under 60 bucks, it beats having to pay a price tag of 45.00 or even 49.99 for one stick of 4gb.

Also much as I like the amd phenom ii 965, I will disagree with mguire fully.
Pick up that fx4100 if you haven't made your purchases.
Spec wise it does much more better than the last generation of that phenom.
Matter of fact amd used that phenom ii 965 and rebuilt it to make a better fx series.

It has the power to do alot of things and it has proven to me to be the best 4 core cpu I've seen.
Good luck with your build. ;)

Last edited:
I mean't the memory prices if you look again later check betweem corsair/kingston and mushkin and price compare.
If you can get two 4gb's of ram for under 60 bucks, it beats having to pay a price tag of 45.00 or even 49.99 for one stick of 4gb.

Also much as I like the amd phenom ii 965, I will disagree with mguire fully.
Pick up that fx4100 if you haven't made your purchases.
Spec wise it does much more better than the last generation of that phenom.
Matter of fact amd used that phenom ii 965 and rebuilt it to make a better fx series.

It has the power to do alot of things and it has proven to me to be the best 4 core cpu I've seen.
Good luck with your build. ;)
No they didn't. Single threaded performance lacks on the FX series compared to the Phenom 2 because Phenom 2 has a much higher IPC. Vishera closes the gap, but for 96 bucks the 965 can't be beat.

It shows in the reviews too. The X4s beat out the 4100 almost every single time, most of the time even the 6100, and sometimes they bested the 8150 as well. Bulldozer was a flop man. If this guy could get a used X6 for 100 bucks he would be golden.

AMD FX 8150 - 8120 - 6100 and 4100 performance review - Game performance - Synthetic

Back
Top Bottom