does brand name for mem matter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
hey, i am planning to buy 2gb (2x1gb sticks) memory, and im going for value ram, so since its value ram, can i go with any brand and it will all perform the same or should i be on the safe side and go with a known brand like corsair?

Some of the more reliable companies you should buy from are OCZ, G.skill, Corsair, Geil and Crucial. Out of them the value RAM will perform almost exactly the same so really the only thing you should be looking at is price. Warrenty might matter to you as well.

Dude don't do it, don't go for ValueCrap. I know it is hard to fork over the cash but think about it..... sooner or later you will want to OC. How could you not want to, you might as well get yourself ready for it now cause it would suck to have a bunch of ValueRam that you can't OC very well with that no one else would want to buy from you. That is my 2 cents that I thought I would throw in cause I just sold my ValueRam and am getting some decent stuff (2x1 gigs of G.Skills extreme) so that I can OC. OCing gives you a system that is still stable but runs at speeds of something that would cost you $$$$$$$$ to buy straight out.

I would go with valueram, you could always run mem dividers which will save you money and you can get a nice cpu or gpu

Dam it PZERO u were the one who talked me into getting that stupid Corsair ValueSelect ram that I have been having issues trying to upgrade away from. Plug your G.Skills ram to him instead :p

but your the one complaining you had no money and you wanted to OC your processor more for some more speed :p so i wouldnt be talking :D

where is that like 42 page thread on your computer build LOL

G.Skill makes some of the best 2x1GB RAM IMO, aside from the crucial ballstix, which is over $300.

ValueRAM. I have it and I overlock fine. I don't want to pay $200 to be able to overclock my RAM, and while I can get slightly less performance for $70. OC'ing RAM helps, but not that much. If you can afford overclocking RAM, then go ahead. It WILL benefit you, very nicely if you can get it really high (250Mhz+). But the performance increase isn't worth $130-something. Like Pzero said, you could buy a MUCH better videocard for that much. And the performance increase from a better videocard is MUCH better than what you would get by getting your RAM to 270MHz or something.

As for the brands. Go Corsair ValueSelect. Its the cheapest (usually) and a very nice brand. Brands don't really matter in ValueRAM, unless they're really crappy no-name companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom