Does the Abit AN8 32x Nforce motherboard work correctly with the ATI x1900xt video

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonR

Solid State Member
Hello,

I just purchased a computer from Monarch systems, but I'm a little worried!

Does the above Abit SLI motherboard pair correctly with the ATI Radeon X1900xt video card I bought? It looks like I'm mixing a SLI mother board with a cross fire type of video card. Can I do that?

I thought that using a SLI mother board wouldn't work well with a Cross Fire type of card like the x1900xt.

I'm thinking that if I use the two ATI cards together in SLI Nvidia
Abit board I'm not going to get the same performance as if I used a cross fire type of board.

I'm also figuing that even one ati card in a SLI mother board isn't going to work correctly?

Is my thinking correct? Please help.

I also paired things up with an AMD X2 4400 and the antec true power 2 550W.

I'm also getting worried about the power supply. I read that this power supply might not cut it when using two of these powerful video cards. I was told to go with the Emermax Liberty ELT 620.

I'm sure that my computer isn't put together yet considering I ordered it last night a 6:00 PM!!! I'm going to call them this AM to make any changes if needed.

Thanks!

Yea, you cant have Crossfire in a SLI motherboard at all and it's the same with SLI in a Xfire board. But the Xfire edition X1900 should run fine but you won't be able to run Crossfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom