Are DOA mobos really that common?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything mass produced will see an occasional oops! That's why there are dealer and manufacturer's warrantys on anything under the sun just about. If you should get a bad board it's more of an annoyance while not being an all the time event.

Gigabyte is one of the best brand names to start with there. Now some low ender like Ashrock or JetWay will still come in and run for a long time while not offering much quality wise. Most reviews seen at any vendor are generally nothing to even bother with for the most part.

Solid state caps over liquid filled leakers? Far less likely to see bulged or leaky caps on the newer model there.

ignore Newegg reviews. Most of them are written by shortbus kids.

I have built a lot of puters over the years and have never had a single DOA mobo from any manufacturer and I have used them all. Most of the time it's builder error sticking their ungrounded hands all over the borad surface or other knuckle headed install fubars.

I've been trying to pick out a mobo and after researching on newegg, it seems most every brand has its fair share of DOA reviews.

This is the one I'm leaning towards.Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Retail

This will be my first build and I'd hate to have defective parts ruin and frustrate the experience.

Dude I was just like you no longer then like a month ago. But two builds later and still no DOA parts. So don't worry, if there is a DOA just contact the company about your DOA product and more then likely they'll replace it for you.

I have also never seen a DOA board, or any component for that matter. I'm pretty sure these "doa" people just dont know what they are doing and burned up the component due to stupidity.

I got DOA ballistix....and when I was back in Oregon I bought a set of logitech z-5500s that were DOA.

It does happen but it's pretty rare.

I bought an open box mobo and it was DOA. Only one out of the 5 or so open box mobos I've bought that have been dead.

I have only had a problem with this Asus board. So I will always buy anything but Asus. There are serious sound issues with on board sound. The problem is common enough too, I see it all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom