do I really neeD thermal paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big difference:
amd-fx-55.jpg

barton9pj.jpg

and when you do it and you are not WAY WAY off from doing it right you may have the option to save yourself by loading bios and looking under CPU temps and if that is the case just instantly turn it off... you don't NEED ANY thermal paste or pad unless you want to keep the computer for more than a haf minute.. :)

As for putting it on later, don't. You have no idea what a pain in the a$$ it is to take off the CPU...thats why I'm still putting it off for the older PC.

i seem to remember some sort of new cleaner that just came out and was being reviewed in max. pc, dont have acess to the mag at this time but supossedly it was the best stuff on Gods green earth for cleanig thermale crap off of your cpus

HAVOC2k5 said:
I hate thermal pads. When I build PC's for people, even just a simple basic PC, I remove the pads and put on AS5. Regardless of OCin' or not. It just works 10 times better then anything.

I put AS5 on a HP with a crap celeron and the idle temps went from 34C to 28C, even with a small HS & Fan.

this "crap" you speak of is my 800MHz Celeron and yes it sucks! It freezes too easily like w/ 6 or more small aps open! Will as5 help THAT much? btw my bios is the standard HP pav bios (pheonixTECH i think)

**** i forgot bout thermal pastes, cause im planning on OC'ing, especially the cpu, its a 3800 ( X2)

hey, its pretty cheap, only 10 bucks here in canada. the AS5, it looks like Syringes right, just so i no the right one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom