do I really need such a high-end graphics card? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: do I really need such a high-end graphics card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
ok ffs.. end this stupid flamewar... i'm water and i put u flames out....

but a 7600gt destroys cs:s at 1600x1200 and u wouldn't notice anything going from x4 to x8

but an x1950xt would destroy games... but it comes at a 200+ price range for a AGP Card and u might need a PSU upgrade
Its not a flame war, the guys flat out saying a lie and I am correcting him. Thats the whole point why people come to these forums, for the TRUTH. Not lies and misinformation!

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor
Old 08-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

lol ok.. i'll put out the water.. heh

^ that and lying about ur "imaginary" rig (aka.. khan008 heh)

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 08-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlAtOiD View Post
Good Lord get a life. Who gives a rip about this. Someone asked a question that's it!! Kinda took over this poor guys post didn't ya.
SHAME SHAME SHAME
?!? Wow...so I'm the one who gets blamed for trying to correct nicks mis-information? I thought the whole point of the forum was to strive for accuracy?
Old 08-25-2007, 10:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

i'm not blaming anybody...
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 08-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Bulldog

I have to go with Gabb there is no way that an x550 can max out Bf2. My 7900GS runs BF2 well but it doesn't max it out and my card is head and shoulders above the x550.

ポップ・タルトが大好きです。
<<<<<<<Rep is always welcome
Ultimate Guitar exercises/ Songs for technique
Old 08-26-2007, 01:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to phucng_10 Send a message via Yahoo to phucng_10

Relax! Both Gabb and nick! I know you guys are both trying to correct each other saying this and that, but it has to stop! NOW! :happy: Please? I think we should help the thread starter more then start flame wars in his own thread.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:58 AM   #27 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by phucng_10 View Post
Relax! Both Gabb and nick! I know you guys are both trying to correct each other saying this and that, but it has to stop! NOW! :happy: Please? I think we should help the thread starter more then start flame wars in his own thread.
I am relaxed, at first I was just so amazingly offended that he was blatanly lying and no one was coming forward and telling him this, not to mention only 1 person backed up my claim. To be honest I'm very dissapointed at the forum, usually if I say something untrue, people are quick to correct me and good riddens for them doing that. However with this guy, it was like he had some immunity...

A technology computer forum should NEVER have information posted that is not true, no exceptions.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:03 AM   #28 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing

Send a message via MSN to Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabb View Post
Wait wait...your wording is very sketchy, do you mean lag as in bad FPS or as in ping. Everyone knows ping is mainly affected by your ISP, thats not the issue were talking about here. Were talking about FPS performance with your card, which should be very bad. I say this not to diss your card ( heck even my x800 is getting old and senile ) but to let other people know the truth. So someone doesn't rush out there with an x550 expecting optimal performance in BF2 when truth be told, they will get very dismal performance. I'd say around 10 FPS if you max the settings.

Originally you stated your card can max out settings without any lag, you refered to lag as in FPS lag, not ping/latency lag which you now claim what you originally ment. Your not making any sense, and frankly i don't think your worth the time.

BTW I suggest you get a 8800 GTS for 250 after MIR instead of the 8600 as the 8800 GTS performance is LIGHT years ahead of the 8600.
GABB, im talkting about lag you suffer when you have a high ping, i dont get a good framerate on high probarbly something like 5-10 FPS thats why i play it on low, this has gone way out of control
Old 08-26-2007, 05:52 AM   #29 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm926 View Post
GABB, im talkting about lag you suffer when you have a high ping, i dont get a good framerate on high probarbly something like 5-10 FPS thats why i play it on low, this has gone way out of control
Your original statement:

"my x550 which is worth like $10 can run BF2 maxed out with out lag so you would see a difference in performance going from 4x to 8x. not so much due to hte interface but because 8x cards are so much more advanced than 4x cards,[/"

now tell me how anyone can infer from this that you ment internet latency lag and not the obvious FPS/graphical lag. Why even mention graphic cards when it comes to FPS/graphical lag as your ISP determines what your ping is. In only extreme cases do I believe system lag can actually affect ping.

This doesn't change the fact that your x550 runs BF2 at around 20 FPS (max) at high settings...why would you not mention this throughout this entire argument and keep talking about latency/ping lag?

You don't make any sense, and I believe you are mostly just trying to cover up your errors, end of debate.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:18 AM   #30 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing

Send a message via MSN to Nick

yeah, i admit i didnt make any sense, my excuse is writing all that when i was tired and grumpy and not feeling too good, i always think of lag as high ping and what ever, i should have said:

"when i play BF2 maxed out on my X550, the frame rate is low, therefore i suffer from jerky gameplay, however i have a airly good internet connection meaning despite having jerky and insconsistent gameplay i dont suffer from internet lag or high ping"

Closed Thread