Discussion: A computer case you can mount a monitor to.

MarcellusCrow

Beta member
Hello readers of Techist,

My name is Ruairí McNicholas, and I'm working on a computer case that I think you'll like.
In short, I'm working with an engineer, Oliver, to create a case to which you can mount a monitor. It has features for cable management, monitor tilt and height adjustment, and has a carry handle for easy transportation to work and LAN parties.
Sounds good, right?
3do9EVy.gif

Our story starts with F1 in Schools; a worldwide technology challenge that aims to get young people involved in engineering. Of 20,000 teams, we were one of 39 who made it to the World Finals in Abu Dhabi. We didn't win the big trophy and scholarships to City University London, but Oliver gained a deep interest and aptitude in engineering, and I developed my passion and flair for graphic design and communications.

The Crono Labs C1 Case is the spectacular product of two gamers and hardware enthusiasts desire to use a better case, and we're looking for help from the gaming and hardware community to help us bring our idea to the market.

We're looking for two things from you: feedback on our ideas, and what your ideas for improving the case are, and help spreading the word and getting our idea out there. You can do that by subscribing to our newsletter, liking our Facebook page and following us on Twitter.

What do you think of our idea so far?
What features would you like to see added?
We want a case that's of universal interest to all gamers and hardware enthusiasts, not just ourselves, and we need your input to do that.

Early Renders:
HXjjUgW.jpg

hu5Uvda.jpg

More information, as well as our Social Media outlets and newsletter, can be found on our website.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys,
d1hNCYm.jpg

Last edited:
Not too bad for a LAN setup but only issue I see is the size of the monitor or the or the mounting setup being different for different monitors, Also from the view it looks like space would be limited in the case and many gaming GPU's may not fit, Perhaps some more pics with view of the inside of the case with mounting points and dimentions of the case, Looks good for portability but for many gamers with the wide variety of higher end hardware it may not be too good and one other thing to look at is the cooling capabilities of it, Without good airflow in a higher end system heat will become a issue as some systems do run hot and will shut down if they get too hot.

Dauntae

Not too bad for a LAN setup but only issue I see is the size of the monitor or the or the mounting setup being different for different monitors, Also from the view it looks like space would be limited in the case and many gaming GPU's may not fit, Perhaps some more pics with view of the inside of the case with mounting points and dimentions of the case, Looks good for portability but for many gamers with the wide variety of higher end hardware it may not be too good and one other thing to look at is the cooling capabilities of it, Without good airflow in a higher end system heat will become a issue as some systems do run hot and will shut down if they get too hot.

Dauntae

Thanks for the feedback! We're currently investigating the max size the monitor can take at the moment. Currently it can fit GPU's up to 10.5″ . We'll definitely get back to you with renders of the interior and dimensions. Cooling is one of our top priorities at the moment and we're doing a lot of testing with regards to airflow. Cheers!

Actually I have seen this kind of design before didn't Linus tech tips go over something like this?

Well spotted! What Linus reviewed was an AIO. We're looking at making something different, that you can customize with your own parts; not a pre-built €2,000 AIO. Different market ;)

Both are quite bulky and, IMO, not aesthetically pleasing. As Linus points out, neither allows the monitor to be adjusted, you have to physically tilt the entire system in both cases.

Both are also a lot larger in comparison to the compact solution we're designing. While they are similar to our design, they have countless areas and features that can be improved and added to.

Back
Top Bottom